Image Courtesy of blackgrlsaremagic via Tumblr
By: Autumn McKenney
Wanna get away with your crew, but the way your bills, Sallie Mae, and bank account are set up, it's not looking too promising? Well here are a few budget friendly tips that could get you on a beach in no time!
Image Courtesy of Digitaltrends.com
Subscribe to Airline Deal Blasts:
- You can subscribe with your home terminal and you will receive emails pertaining to your city!
- Southwest Airlines sends a blast out twice a week with fare specials!
- AirFareSpot on Facebook posts up to 20 deals a day, on flights around the world! They sometimes even catch glitches, that the airlines overlooked and you can get a flight to the Bahamas for $50!
Scour Through Discount Sites:
- Groupon is an amazing website that offers even better travel deals.
- Lean toward vacations with that are all-inclusive and airfare is included. By doing this, you don't have to worry about a budget for food and drinks while on vacation, so save your money and buy a keychain!
Photo courtesy of Sophisticated Relations
-New agencies tend to have opening specials to reign customers in, so do a quick Google search of agencies in your area!
- Travel with a larger amount of people, and book together. By doing so, you can get awesome group rates!
Photo Credit: Randy Jefferson, Benjamin Lewis, Jimmie Gray, and Maurice Primous
-Instead of booking a hotel room that's $800/week, rent a 5 bedroom house that's $1000 for the week, split it with your friends and only end up shelling out $200 for the entire stay!
- Airbnb and HomeAway are popular sites that allow you to rent out a house, apartment, condo, or townhouse for a fraction of the money! I've even done a bit of haggling to lower their prices!
Food and Drinks:
- Purchase restaurant vouchers, on discount sites, so you aren't spending an arm and a leg on a meal, just a leg!
-Book a hotel with a continental breakfast and free happy hour. The Catalina Hotel in Miami Beach offers all guests a free happy hour from 5pm-6pm EVERY DAY, perfect for pre-gaming.
-Travel off the beaten path and ask the locals where they eat. Most likely they will send you to a hip spot that isn't ripping off tourists for their money.
- Agree to buy groceries and head to the liquor store for a few nights of your stay. You will save tons and end up having just as much fun with a little more money in your pocket! CHA-CHING!
Image courtesy of madamenoire.com
Vacationing on a budget isn't always easy, but remember, if all else fails, put on your highest heels, reddest lipstick, and get the drunk guy at the end of the bar to buy you a drink!
Autumn McKenney is a Beauty Writer with Txture Magazine. When she isn't writing, she is busy being a Celebrity Makeup Artist, Salon Owner, Mommy, and Wife. She is a native New Yorker and a natural hair enthusiast! You can find her salon "Mirror Mirror Beauty Studio" in Conyers, Georgia.
FB: Autumn McKenney